Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Four Potential Poachers Caught on Camera and Hunter Shoots Wrong Buck

WyoDoug

This video depicts what I despise in road hunters. We got a lot of this when my family lived on the farm. Hunter trespass unfortunately is a common occurrence as is road hunting.

Tells Fellow “Hunter” it’s not safe to hang out window with rifle, proceeds to shoot nearly skylined deer without clear visibility of what’s beyond deer down the road over the hill.. Lol.. Sets up blind behind deer decoy on logging road in rifle deer season where people hunt deer with rifles on logging roads.. lol.. it’s amazing more people aren’t killed hunting. If I was going to partake in this method of hunting I would drive a Orange truck and use a Orange decoy. And pray before every hunt.

Last edited:
Tells Fellow “Hunter” it’s not safe to hang out window with rifle, proceeds to shoot nearly skylined deer without clear visibility of what’s beyond deer down the road over the hill.. Lol.. Sets up blind behind deer decoy on logging road in rifle deer season where people hunt deer with rifles on logging roads.. lol.. it’s amazing more people aren’t killed hunting. If I was going to partake in this method of hunting I would drive a Orange truck and use a Orange decoy. And pray before every hunt.
Everyone involved is wrong in this video IMHO. The road is a two track I think but not sure I would set a blind right on a two-track even.

I feel like I need a shower after watching that. Yuck.
LOL he's trying to fault the "potential poachers" which are probably legal. In Wyoming, you can shoot from or across a two track. You can't however shoot from inside the vehicle. I don't think there is a rule saying you can't use your vehicle as a rest though. I need to research that.

But anyways, who woulda thunk setting up a blind next to even a two track?

Nomination for 2021 Darwin Award...

In Az. it's illegal to shoot on or across a numbered road. (Logging Road)
Let alone setting a decoy in the road. Looking to get shot?
Set a decoy in front of you! :rolleyes: 💥

Call me cynical or an asshole but man I'd love to setup a buck decoy and watch the shit show from a far ridge on the Custer. That would be hilarious

Best part of that video is it was done in a dodge caravan...... extra brownie points.

I can't believe I watched that whole video. So many things wrong by so many people. And this is coming from a guy in TX where we can shoot deer out of a vehicle on private property.

Hell of an assault vehicle
The spring of '95, my brother and I drove all over the west, backpacking, rock climbing, skiing, all in his old fake-wood sided Caravan. That thing was great, it had a bed in the back, along with lots of storage space and it did all right on the rough two-tracks. Less cool though, was when it broke down in Wall, SD on the way home...

The spring of '95, my brother and I drove all over the west, backpacking, rock climbing, skiing, all in his old fake-wood sided Caravan. That thing was great, it had a bed in the back, along with lots of storage space and it did all right on the rough two-tracks. Less cool though, was when it broke down in Wall, SD on the way home...
Had a friend dump a buck in high-school before school one day.... showed up with it in his mini van. Same vintage. That thing what the utmost greatest assault vehicle of all time.

Especially at lunch break when we'd throw the slider open and throw ketchup and mustard packets at friends cars on the way back from lunch ....

My best hunting buddy growing up rocked a Chevy Caprice Classic. That station wagon rocked a 350, got surprisingly good gas mileage, rode like dream and hauled a hell of a lot of pronghorn home from the Shirley Basin in its trunk. His family did a fair amount of pronghorn hunting out of a van too 🤣

Call me cynical or an asshole but man I'd love to setup a buck decoy and watch the shit show from a far ridge on the Custer. That would be hilarious

Best part of that video is it was done in a dodge caravan...... extra brownie points.
When decoys were first deployed by FWP, the wardens set one up on a small bit of property my family owns in the middle of the Custer. Never a dull moment as I remember.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back