Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Found

Whiskers

I came across a big box of junk that contained some WWII items. .30 Caliber Carbine 2 clip pouch, one clip is still in the original wrap, about 20 rounds of .30 Caliber Carbine ammo, stamped 1942. 30/06 ammo stamped 30 gov 1906, cardboard 20 round ammo box printed the same way. In this big box was a bunch of OLD 7mm, and 7mmMag brass, and loaded cartridges. There are some of the old 5 round strip clips used for the Springfield 30/06, they still have enough spring to hold the rounds. Anyone interested? If this is posted in the wrong place please move it. Thanks.

I am going to attempt to post pic's of the boxes.

30govt_1906.jpg

30springfield1906.jpg

Kleenbore_30_06.jpg

Anyone have any idea of how old these are? I have emailed Winchester, and Remington, but haven't recieved a response.

[ 03-25-2004, 13:34: Message edited by: Whiskers ]

The boxes that are shown above look to be like some that my grandpa had. He thought that he got them after he got home from World War II.
Are you looking to move them?

I may be looking to move them, the Western Box is full of never fired ammo. The other two have spent brass.

Here is a picture of the M 1 Carbine Clips in the pouch. The one on the right has never been unwrapped. Also have 20 rounds of .30 Carbine ammo stamped 42 on the base of the brass. I am not sure if thats the year they were manufactured or not. I don't know what the Avery 1945 means.

30calibercarbineclips.jpg

Calif. Hunter here it is.

roundnoseboattail.jpg

[ 03-25-2004, 18:16: Message edited by: Whiskers ]

i had stuff just like that my grandfather gave me 25 years ago.. if i remeber the boxes are from the early 50,s check on the end flap an see if there is a date on it.. had about 30 bullets he gave me in a paper bag just like that one in the pic.. an i still use the pouch like the one in the pic

Back