Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Found At The Bozeman Gun Show

very nice. My browning gold medallion stock looks very much like that. Love walnut (I think that is walnut)

Beautiful rifle. I've got a Peruvian Mauser in the safe that looks like somebody tried 4 times to install a side mount scope. It's getting chopped and welded for a pistol cartridge of some sort but I'm undecided.

The gun show I went to today didn’t have anything like that. A few “sporterized” rifles that looked like some one tried to make a stock out of the same board four times. That is a beautiful rifle! I hope it’s a shooter!

That is very beautiful. I wouldn't want to take that out in the field but am sure that you will. Is that an Al Biesen stock? I have never seen his work but heard that he did some pretty special stock work.

That is very beautiful. I wouldn't want to take that out in the field but am sure that you will. Is that an Al Biesen stock? I have never seen his work but heard that he did some pretty special stock work.
I don't know, someone suggested maybe Tom Burgess. I will take it to Kalispell and let Monte Mandarino look at it. He can tell by the work on the gun who the maker is...

I love chop jobs! It is so cool seeing a fine action with all the wasted bolt stroke removed.
Gorgeous rifle. If I had bumped into that at the gun show, I'd of had some 'splaining to do at home.

Wow. The checkering is extremely well done. Beautiful rifle! Great find!

Back