Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

For the ATV crowd...

Nothing has ever made me giggle harder than throwing one of those old pack frames in the dumpster. Tough old codgers for sure.

Hey Buzz, there is still hope out there. I had to run to town to get some parts for my hunting rig yesterday so I left the house early expecting an all day frantic search of automotive stores and salvage yards to get running again. Called home a couple of times to see if my little darling needed any last minute items from town. No answer, hmm, wonder what she is into now? I get back home at about 5pm to find her working up a batch of jerkey meat. While I was gone, a retired guy from Missoula stopped by looking for me to help him get his bull out of this big hole that I had showed him last week. I had, as usual told him if he got one back there I would help get it out. Well, he had walked back in there and at daylight and spotted two bulls, one suited him, so he turned it to meat. Twodot would not be home till near dark. The wife says to him, "I'll go help you bring him out" I'm sure he had his doubts, until she headed up the hill with the first quarter and backstrap on her pack. Then got another, and then the head. Our 11 year old also packed out his share and helped with the cutting bones and holding stuff. I was a pretty proud guy, and our friend was fairly blown away to see an almost 50 year old housewife walk up the hill with a pack full of elk for him. In spite of what it seems, not everyone has their ass attached to a 4 wheeler. Our favorite mode of hunting transportation is still bootleather.

Attachments

• IMG_8366.jpg
    IMG_8366.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_8369.jpg
    IMG_8369.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 362

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270