Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

For all you malthusians...1 billion Americans!

beginnerhunter

An interesting intellectual exercise, I suppose. I'll give him that.

1. His initial premise is that the country with the largest GDP is the greatest country in the world. Since he didn't convince me of that, he didn't convince me of anything else in the article.

2. How would he feed this many people, especially when he explicitly advocates urban sprawl?

3. I'm slightly amused by the way the government will just pay for everything.

QQ

I usually quote Leopold, Abbey or someone similar, so now I'll go full schmaltz 70s..."More people, more scars upon the land."John Denver

No thanks.

In 1900 the US Population roughy 100 Million 2000 roughy 300 Million. One Billion I will be long gone and in Dog Heaven with my GSP Pointer.

Haha, yeah I think he was trying to stir the pot a bit. With people having kids later in life you don't even have to have fewer kids to reduce the population. In order to GROW the population to 1 billion we'd have to have massive immigration or reverse the trend of deferring childbirth.

I posted mainly to playfully troll @Ben Lamb and @wllm1313. Rare miss by Yglesias. I think there are better ways to make the case for more immigration.

Haha, yeah I think he was trying to stir the pot a bit. With people having kids later in life you don't even have to have fewer kids to reduce the population. In order to GROW the population to 1 billion we'd have to have massive immigration or reverse the trend of deferring childbirth.

I posted mainly to playfully troll @Ben Lamb and @wllm1313. Rare miss by Yglesias. I think there are better ways to make the case for more immigration.

Census projections were that we would hit 400MM by 2060. I will be 72.

That's adding 24 cities the size of the Denver, or 15 the size of Boston.

... or a Bozeman to 1 of every 2 counties in the country.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back