Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Florida Game Warden Murdered

I hate to hear this. I’ve always thought it took real guts to be a game warden. Most people you arrest are armed and in remote locations where people might feel they can get away with putting up a fight.

Don’t know what to say other than I hope they get what’s coming to them for such a cowardly act.

Agreed. And to think how hard they have to fight in state legislatures, at least in the west, to keep their compensation equal to inflation. I'd pay more if it meant they, or any law enforcement, could get more pay, better equipment, advanced training, or whatever is helpful doing their job.

I too would happily pay more on each of my resident licenses to increase wildlife law enforcement (and wildlife mgmt in general). I currently live in OR, where licenses are cheap and state police enforcing wildlife laws are scarce!

Hearing these kind of stories just breaks your heart.

This is horrible. Must have been a fine man from all accounts. I feel for him, his friends, and his family.

It makes me have reservations about my son’s desire to become a Game Warden. It is all he has talked about since he was 13. He is getting very close to having the necessary prerequisites done to enter the Academy.

Scary.

Wardens are never "off duty". I don't know how many arrests I made when "off duty" , many times while I was hunting or fishing myself. Shangobango - just continue giving him support. The job of a Game Warden, and the path leading up to that job, requires the support of family and friends. Best of luck to him. And to your son - "don't let 'em get behind you".

Agreed. No such thing as off duty, everyone knows who you are in rural communities, everyone knows where you live. Your spouse will get asked questions at work all the time. Random people knock on your door at weird times, asking questions. But it's a rewarding career. You get to interact with people who have similar interests as yours. Times are changing though and hunting continues to decline...the game warden of the past is slowly being phased out.

This country went has gone from the place who hosted the Boston Tea Party to being pussified. It needs to stop.
This statement sums up most of the problem in our country. We are not the same people who fought the revolution any more and it shows. Prayers for this officers family and friends. What a disgusting tragedy.

Wardens are never "off duty". I don't know how many arrests I made when "off duty" , many times while I was hunting or fishing myself. Shangobango - just continue giving him support. The job of a Game Warden, and the path leading up to that job, requires the support of family and friends. Best of luck to him. And to your son - "don't let 'em get behind you".

This is correct. I have a son who is a warden. It's a career he always wanted and spent a lot of time preparing for. Do I worry about him sometimes? Sure but I know he is smart and well trained. Honestly I worry just as much about my other boys. One works highway construction projects and the other is a farmer.

That's some real rough country between there and Immokalee down to the prison and the indian reservation. Pretty rough crowd hunting hogs with dogs at night on horseback.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back