Flood at Burning Man

Wife and I flew into Reno last year for a quick getaway. I was really shocked at how gross most of the passengers on the plane looked..nappy hair, dreadlocks, face tats, facial piercings, pink/blue/purple/red , pretty much every color spectrum was represented in the passengers hair. We found out after landing that it was Burning man week..
Never, ever visit Reno. It's a dirty dirty armpit in the desert. Add in the burning man crowd and horee chit it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to really wonder what has gone wrong.

Wow Lieutenant Jim Dangle GIF - Wow Lieutenant Jim Dangle Reno911 GIFs
https://tenor.com/view/wow-lieutenant-jim-dangle-reno911-whoa-woah-gif-23571683

I like Reno!

You Dont Get A Vote Lieutenant Jim Dangle GIF - You Dont Get A Vote Lieutenant Jim Dangle Reno911 GIFs
https://tenor.com/view/you-dont-get-a-vote-lieutenant-jim-dangle-reno911-you-cant-vote-youre-not-eligible-to-vote-gif-2357168

On the trash thing...

Our camp packed all of our trash out. We have a strike crew that is doing a meticulous trash sweep staying a few extra days. The event has its own strike team doing the same. Like any event or any group there are shitty people in every community that dump trash/litter/don't respect LNT. I can't tell you the number of times I've been hunting and have stumbled onto human waste, old 'hunting camps' of trash from years ago, beer cans, etc.

This was my first time going to this thing (my hair is a normal brown color lol). It was a blast. We ate elk breakfast sandwiches and elk empanandas every day. I was worried it would be the woke police but if anything it was libertarian.

ANYWAY I'm done arguing with you cranky old guys tonight - gotta unpack and get ready for elk hunting!

On the trash thing...

Our camp packed all of our trash out. We have a strike crew that is doing a meticulous trash sweep staying a few extra days. The event has its own strike team doing the same. Like any event or any group there are shitty people in every community that dump trash/litter/don't respect LNT. I can't tell you the number of times I've been hunting and have stumbled onto human waste, old 'hunting camps' of trash from years ago, beer cans, etc.

This was my first time going to this thing (my hair is a normal brown color lol). It was a blast. We ate elk breakfast sandwiches and elk empanandas every day. I was worried it would be the woke police but if anything it was libertarian.

ANYWAY I'm done arguing with you cranky old guys tonight - gotta unpack and get ready for elk hunting!
I just like the idea that hunttalk had its own correspondent. A little disappointed we didn't know earlier.

AMA! Reporting live, happily showered and no longer in NV 🎙️

Let’s see…what are some hard hitting questions hunttalkers would like to know…

1.) Not looking for honey holes or anything but could you drop a pin on any short statured wrestlers or similar dancers of an exhibitionist persuasion you may have come across?

2.) It sounded like toilet facilities were especially lacking and may have been over flowing this year. Did they not consider crapping on chinet paper plates and adding these offerings to the final burning humanoid effigy?

3.) Some hunttalkers (this one) have been told by roughly two people, that a holiday weekend at Idahos Anderson ranch reservoir is “like basically an Idaho/redneck/jack mormon version of burning man”. As your next assignment, would you attend, and repot back on the veracity of these claims? Do these ‘tater burners’ hit the toilet more, or less consistently?

Last edited:
Let’s see…what are some hard hitting questions hunttalkers would like to know…

1.) Not looking for honey holes or anything but could you drop a pin on any short statured wrestlers or similar dancers of an exhibitionist persuasion you may have come across?

2.) It sounded like toilet faculties were especially lacking and may have been over flowing this year. Did they not consider crapping on chinet paper plates and adding these offerings to the final burning humanoid effigy?

3.) Some hunttalkers (this one) have been told by roughly two people, that a holiday weekend at Idahos Anderson ranch reservoir is “like basically an Idaho/redneck/jack mormon version of burning man”. As your next assignment, would you attend, and repot back on the veracity of these claims? Do these ‘tater burners’ hit the toilet more, or less consistently?
1) During the day check out movement camps (acrobats, dancers, burlesque, etc). At night you'll find what you're looking for dancing on top of cars shooting all manners of flame and blasting what most would deem abominable sounds but worth it for the hunt for said exhibitionists. They might persuade you to join in!

2) The portos were emptied and restocked everyday and were 100% adequate in number. Plentiful even. I never waited in a bathroom line once. Heck one night we even found clean beautiful composting portos out in the middle of nowhere. When the rain hit the shit trucks couldn't do their thing so they were in rough shape for a few days (not overflowing, but getting close to full). Nothing I haven't seen at a winter ski in hut in Colorado where you have to use the shit spoon to knock off the top of the shit-cicle. No poo was burned in the making of this event or thankfully needed to be burned. Towards the end we did our parts and attempted clogging ourselves with imodium, beef jerky, and easy cheese to reduce trip numbers.

3) absolutely. Sounds like I should adjust my outfit game away from neon to more flannel / budlight cowboy hat for that one

1) During the day check out movement camps (acrobats, dancers, burlesque, etc). At night you'll find what you're looking for dancing on top of cars shooting all manners of flame and blasting what most would deem abominable sounds but worth it for the hunt for said exhibitionists. They might persuade you to join in!

2) The portos were emptied and restocked everyday and were 100% adequate in number. Plentiful even. I never waited in a bathroom line once. Heck one night we even found clean beautiful composting portos out in the middle of nowhere. When the rain hit the shit trucks couldn't do their thing so they were in rough shape for a few days (not overflowing, but getting close to full). Nothing I haven't seen at a winter ski in hut in Colorado where you have to use the shit spoon to knock off the top of the shit-cicle. No poo was burned in the making of this event or thankfully needed to be burned. Towards the end we did our parts and attempted clogging ourselves with imodium, beef jerky, and easy cheese to reduce trip numbers.

3) absolutely. Sounds like I should adjust my outfit game away from neon to more flannel / budlight cowboy hat for that one
Obligatory Cousin Eddie reference....

It had to have been quite the gathering, as the White House was briefed on the "disaster" , and from what I've read the NV NG has offered assistance!

I find Burning Man to be a wildly intriguing event. That ship has sailed.
I was more horrified to watch Megyn Kelly interview Rinella this weekend about grizzly bears. People of that ilk shouldn't be allowed to own property in Montana, or even visit. 😉
Guess that makes me counter counter culture.

Hippies scrogging in the mud in the 60's at Woodstock. Hippies today scrogging in the mud at Burning man. Not much has change over the years. @BuzzH is right though....people are pigs!

• Haha
Reactions: Hem
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back