Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Flood at Burning Man

Wife and I flew into Reno last year for a quick getaway. I was really shocked at how gross most of the passengers on the plane looked..nappy hair, dreadlocks, face tats, facial piercings, pink/blue/purple/red , pretty much every color spectrum was represented in the passengers hair. We found out after landing that it was Burning man week..
Never, ever visit Reno. It's a dirty dirty armpit in the desert. Add in the burning man crowd and horee chit it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to really wonder what has gone wrong.
If you could tell that to all of the people moving here I would appreciate it.

Danica made it out ok, thank goodness! I probably would not mind covering her in mud!

One of my co-workers goes to Burning Man. He says the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
As I observed through blurry eyes one night as closing time beckoned at a watering hole while on the road, I would have to be a lot drunker to go to bed with the last remaining woman at the bar but in doing so I would be too drunk to do anything. So, yes, alcohol is a social lubricant though at times is a prophylactic.

My best friend from High School used to un the ticketing for BM.

She left when it went corporate.

So, for all you out there thinking this version of BM is weird, there's a whole generation of burners who think it's too tame.
When you could arrange to have your pre-built campsite tricked out then parachute in to the event killed any edge left at BM. Prior to this, there was minimal disparity between attendees on display within BM. Get high, get laid, philosophize with folks about change needed in the world which you knew was not going to actually happen, repeat daily then a few days later aggressively shower as re-entered your life as a software programmer or whatever white-collar job you did the rest of the year. Cool.

The carbon footprint of BM now is not insignificant but, just like Al Gore's use of inefficient private jets spewing carbon like an underage binge drinker after winning a bet by eating 50 deviled eggs...BM gets a pass for the trash and damage to the ecosystem. Sure was a lot of internal combustion engines idling on that egress road with a lot of empty seats. Not very green of the attendees. Tsk tsk.

My best friend from High School used to un the ticketing for BM.

She left when it went corporate.

So, for all you out there thinking this version of BM is weird, there's a whole generation of burners who think it's too tame.
We all know you’re a hippie. You don’t have to name drop to help your street cred.

We all know you’re a hippie. You don’t have to name drop to help your street cred.
really more in line with Cartman on the whole hippy thing, but whatever floats your boat, man.

Eric Cartman Band GIF by South Park - Find & Share on GIPHY

When you could arrange to have your pre-built campsite tricked out then parachute in to the event killed any edge left at BM. Prior to this, there was minimal disparity between attendees on display within BM. Get high, get laid, philosophize with folks about change needed in the world which you knew was not going to actually happen, repeat daily then a few days later aggressively shower as re-entered your life as a software programmer or whatever white-collar job you did the rest of the year. Cool.

The carbon footprint of BM now is not insignificant but, just like Al Gore's use of inefficient private jets spewing carbon like an underage binge drinker after winning a bet by eating 50 deviled eggs...BM gets a pass for the trash and damage to the ecosystem. Sure was a lot of internal combustion engines idling on that egress road with a lot of empty seats. Not very green of the attendees. Tsk tsk.
Well said...channeling Hunter S. gonzo prose. ; )

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back