Flood at Burning Man

Ha I was wondering when somebody would post about this. News is blowing it put of proportion as usual. Husband unit and I had an excellent time (even in the rain/mud) and we drove out fine yesterday in our F150. The whole fest was in fine spirits and nobody we saw was going hungry or thirsty.

Wife and I flew into Reno last year for a quick getaway. I was really shocked at how gross most of the passengers on the plane looked..nappy hair, dreadlocks, face tats, facial piercings, pink/blue/purple/red , pretty much every color spectrum was represented in the passengers hair. We found out after landing that it was Burning man week..
Never, ever visit Reno. It's a dirty dirty armpit in the desert. Add in the burning man crowd and horee chit it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to really wonder what has gone wrong.

Wife and I flew into Reno last year for a quick getaway. I was really shocked at how gross most of the passengers on the plane looked..nappy hair, dreadlocks, face tats, facial piercings, pink/blue/purple/red , pretty much every color spectrum was represented in the passengers hair. We found out after landing that it was Burning man week..
Never, ever visit Reno. It's a dirty dirty armpit in the desert. Add in the burning man crowd and horee chit it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to really wonder what has gone wrong.
Staunchly judging others on their appearance…classy.

Southwest air filtration isn't the greatest, so maybe some pre boarding hygiene for the dreadlocks crowd would be courteous.

And the folks that flew from Europe to reno with no checked luggage are washing their garments where?
Your original post was about looks not hygiene. I can imagine hygiene was an issue on the plane but they are not the same issue.

Your original post was about looks not hygiene. I can imagine hygiene was an issue on the plane but they are not the same issue.
In all fairness, yes I absolutely do judge people based on looks. If a person shows up dressed so ludicrously that I have to wonder if they are an animal or a movie prop, then yeah I'm judgemental.

"Being trapped at Burning Man seems almost as bad as being trapped in a conversation with someone who went to Burning Man"

Agreed. Nothing wrong with judging people, especially from that crowd. From my friend who hunts around there:

"I have met several of the couple dozen people who call Gerlach home. None of them like the burning man thing. They don’t even really appreciate the temporary economic boom it creates. They say those people trash the place, leave behind all sorts of weird large shit that sits out there forever. Very disrespectful self entitled hippies for the most part"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back