Caribou Gear

FL to MT 2020

Then why don’t u spend tomorrow trying to pop a couple bucks to fill tour A tags . Shouldn’t be hard ...
If we find any they will be favored for sure.

I sold have said, there are tons of whitetail does around, mostly on non - BMA property from what we've seen. The deer definitely figure out which properties get them killed and which don't.

Last edited:
I’m trying to tell you I wouldn’t drive to Montana to hunt deer before the rut

I’m trying to tell you I wouldn’t drive to Montana to hunt deer before the rut

We'll I WAS planning on hunting elk right now lol.

And honestly, considering some of the roads we drove in on, I can't help but think that a mid November, 40 hour drive would be a little daunting.

We'll I WAS planning on hunting elk right now lol.

And honestly, considering some of the roads we drove in on, I can't help but think that a mid November, 40 hour drive would be a little daunting.
I get it . How many days u got left of hunting in Montana ?

I get it . How many days u got left of hunting in Montana ?
Just tonight, been here since last Friday. We were going to be down here sooner but figured we stay up north due to the weather and opportunity on the private land. Almost wish we would have just stayed up there looking for bucks, but wanted to at least try and hunt the elk tag.

Just tonight, been here since last Friday. We were going to be down here sooner but figured we stay up north due to the weather and opportunity on the private land. Almost wish we would have just stayed up there looking for bucks, but wanted to at least try and hunt the elk tag.
Ok well atleast your taking some good meat home . Maybe this afternoon you’ll get lucky - good luck

Ok well atleast your taking some good meat home . Maybe this afternoon you’ll get lucky - good luck

Thanks man. It's been a great trip overall. Not to mention the three does in the cooler, I missed a giant buck, stalked a few nice bucks, and passed on some small bucks and other does. That's a legendary trip for me at this point in my life.

It's disappointing not to be able to chase elk, but as soon as I saw the weather forecast I knew it might end up that way. When you're traveling this far you definitely deal the hand you're dealt; it's hard to make changes at the last minute.

Curiosity got us and we stopped in. It is a amazing tourist trap that everyone should do once in their life. If you are into useless trinkets and sub par food you may go twice. I will say the pie was good.
Broke down there, back in the 90's. Basically lived at Wall Drug for about 3 days while the local mechanic was robbing us. I never need to go back there again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back