Fishing for prehistoric dinosaurs day 1

You should of seen my boys face as he turned to me and said "Dad they are going to eat a drum" it was funny. My hat if off to you guys snagging from the bank. The spoonbill snagging here in Missouri is pretty serious stuff

One of the guys I fish with gives me the same look when I throw a drum in the basket. They're not as good as walleye, some are on par with cats, some maybe not as good as cats, but when the rubber hits the road, I love me some fried fish.

Enjoyable story told well gentlemen. The little science/biology nuggets thrown in are appreciated, and the quality of the videography (when the "boys" are on the job) is lovely.
I like that you guys like hanging out with each other, and have adventures beyond the fall season/big game stuff.
The old show's name was On Your Own Adventures, and I find lots of adventure with a rod in hand, or a shotgun and turkey decoy/bag of decoys, or even trapping activities fun to watch.

Those were 2 great videos. It was great to learn the biology of such a unique species. Randy, it’s a testament to your hard work that you’ve built a platform that keeps on running even when you’re laid up!

I also enjoyed the videos. Paddlefish are definitely a bucket list fish for me to chase and that looked like a beautiful spot along the river. I've spent many nights camping along a river like that, although by me it is more smallmouth bass, pike, and muskie, so it was neat to see some different species caught.

Also, thermacells work 100%. I once forgot mine during early goose season, no bug spray either. Myself and the lab were eaten alive buy mosquitoes. They do not cover a large area though, you have to have them right next to you

Besides being a newer hunter. I am a brand new fisherman (even though I have been trying on and off for 25 years) so I really appreciate watching the guys as they attempt to hook on monster fish. I also enjoy the breaking of the 4 th dimension it makes the shows more authentic and really makes it more of a team work effort on whatever adventure is being pursued. The comradery is great between Marcus and Michael, I appreciate how humble both of them are and how they are able to take on adversity without outlandish displays of anger but natural frustration. The demonstration of cooking and eating the food is super important especially to my wife when she watches these adventures. For her that is the ethical taste test on whether or not she will tolerate watching these shows with me.

Keep up the great work!!!!!

PS I would love to see a video of cast reel with artificial lure fishing for trout.

Back