Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Fish Fort Peck

Old Timer

My son, brother and I plan a fishing trip up to the Fort Peck Reservoir for the third week of June. Being our fist trip, I would like information on the usual wind conditions at that time of the year and any other info you don't mind sharing that might help us catch fish. We would like to catch some decent Walleye and pike. The reports say for the newbies to fish the Dam area, so that's where we'll be unless informed otherwise. Thanks for your input and help.. Old Timer

As far as wind goes expect it and you won't be disappointed. If your going to be at the dam don't be affraid to head south down into the dry arm, and work some of the bays in there. Look for some mud lines and troll around 'til you find some 'eyes then start throwing some jigs and minnows at them. Here's a couple of sites that have fishing reports on them.
www.kiblercharterfishing.com
www.fortpeckguide.com
www.walleyesunlimited.com
Good luck to you guys and let us know how the bite is.

schelmster

The first thing to know is that you could just as easily spend a week on the water and not ever catch a fish. With the continuing low water conditions walleyes have not been real plentiful. The catch rate is less the 1 fish per hour.

Nemont

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back