Yeti GOBOX Collection

Fish Creek WMA Land Acquisition.

----

MT FWP has an opportunity to buy a 320 acre inholding in the middle of the Fish Creek WMA. This land was Plum Creek land up until the mid 2000's, but was sold off to a private party before the large sale to The Nature Conservancy went through. It appears this private party is looking to move on from this property, and is giving FWP first crack at the purchase of it. It's 1.3 miles miles of very productive floodplain, and could provide a lot of recreational opportunities to hunters and anglers if it were made public. It was used heavily by both while it was Plum Creek land.

If you see the land, you will see that the potential of subdividing it into cabin lots is very high. This valley has almost no permanent residents, which is very rare for a valley this size in Western Montana.

The purchase would be made by a combination of Pittman-Robertson, and Habitat Montana.

There is much more information at the link below-

http://fwp.mt.gov/news/publicNotices/environmentalAssessments/plans/pn_0019.html

Public comments are due online by November 6, and if you're in the area there's a public meeting tonight at 6:30 at the Alberton Community Center.

Just sent:

I fully support the proposed purchase by FWP of the 320 acres that is available adjacent to the Fish Creek WMA. I feel the acquisition and addition of this property to the existing WMA would be hugely beneficial to the wildlife and sportsmen and women of Montana. By not purchasing this property FWP would leave open the possibility of subsequent subdivision and development in an otherwise uninhabited watershed which would be greatly detrimental to the wildlife inhabiting the area. However if FWP were to purchase this property it would remain in a natural state and be available for recreational use and wildlife into the future.

Please find the time to go leave a comment! This is a great opportunity to add a sweet piece of land to one of our WMA's.

looks like a great opportunity for FWP to consolidate the WMA and protect this incredible drainage. Thanks for the heads up Randy.

I'm going to bump this up one more time in case anyone missed it the first go around. Comments are due mid-day on Friday.

Randy thanks for the reminder. I added it to the newsletter on the 21st, but forgot to write my own out. Just got it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back