First year for the great outdoors

Hopefully they’ll try to put Pebble Mine to bed forever. But from what I’ve heard, that’s hard to do legally and it could raise its head again with a future administration. Thankfully it’s stopped (for now).

I took a trip to Ireland and when I was there went by a beautiful bay and It was a very nice weather day. What struck me was no one was fishing in a boat and I could see a long ways, then it hit me with Gas at $ 8.00 a gallon.
I for one do not like all the wind farms here in Iowa why because of the birds they kill and are in a major waterfowl flyway. Most Waterfowl migrate at night and clouds don't stop them.

My biggest is 100% development on public lands.

NO unequivocally No, solar farms are not multi use. You can't hunt a solar farm, it's acres and acres of dead land behind a fence, with no end date. It's essentially the privatization of public lands.

OG has it's issues for sure, pollution, disturbance, climate change, etc. but it is consistent with multi use.
I hunted a solar farm in Wyoming last fall, killed an antelope.

I hunted a solar farm in Wyoming last fall, killed an antelope.
And there are definitely OG operations that are totally fenced off, exceptions to everything.

I think if you look at these projects industry wide, solar is most often fenced fields, there isn’t much plant life, not a lot of ungulate habitat. OG the pads are closed during operations, open once producing and, the impact is a 4-10 acre pad per 1.5 to 2 miles.

That's fair, most are fenced, not open to access.
Solar is probably better for urban and suburban areas.
Some of the larger panel farms I've seen in NM act almost like trees, some understory that benefits from the shade.

Back