Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

First year for the great outdoors

VikingsGuy

OK - ground rules:
  • No rants about whether he did or did not win the election
  • No rants about 2nd Amendment related speculation
  • No communist vs facist BS in general
  • This is about hunting & fishing public lands, let's stick on topic

So, my question for those who track these sorts of things, what do we think the Biden administration will seek to do legislatively and/or regulatorily that will have a meaningful impact on the types of outdoorsman/woman who frequent Hunttalk?

Rinella thinks Haaland (DOI nom) will be pushing green energy development on public lands. Unfortunately, at least one conservation org has signalled they are okay with energy development on public land as long as it is wind or solar. He also thinks she may push for land being ceded back to Native Americans.

OK - ground rules:
  • No rants about whether he did or did not win the election
  • No rants about 2nd Amendment related speculation
  • No communist vs facist BS in general
  • This is about hunting & fishing public lands, let's stick on topic

So, my question for those who track these sorts of things, what do we think the Biden administration will seek to do legislatively and/or regulatorily that will have a meaningful impact on the types of outdoorsman/woman who frequent Hunttalk?
Interesting question but I don’t see how you can leave out the 2A as that pretty much effects everyone who uses HT? Pretty important item to exclude.

Interesting question but I don’t see how you can leave out the 2A as that pretty much effects everyone who uses HT? Pretty important item to exclude.
Yeah, we all know it's extremely important. I'm more 2A than most on this site. But there are already many many threads about it, better to have this one focused on public land, wildlife, etc.

Tom Vilsack for USDA. I'm sure most folks around here know a lot about him and his policies. Would like to see more support for CRP, etc. Not sure he has any power there, I guess Congress.

When I get my new check Joe is gonna send me....you might just be seeing some new boot prints on Our public lands LOL in all honesty I can't say I'm worried about too much. Yes solar farms on public land don't really interest me too much but neither did gas wells. Its all multi use tho right?

Yes solar farms on public land don't really interest me too much but neither did gas wells. Its all multi use tho right?
My biggest is 100% development on public lands.

NO unequivocally No, solar farms are not multi use. You can't hunt a solar farm, it's acres and acres of dead land behind a fence, with no end date. It's essentially the privatization of public lands.

OG has it's issues for sure, pollution, disturbance, climate change, etc. but it is consistent with multi use.

NO unequivocally No, solar farms are not multi use. You can't hunt a solar farm, it's acres and acres of dead land behind a fence, with no end date. It's essentially the privatization of public lands.
This. These elk were within 500 yards of an active oil well. Not so with solar (and wind). Edit - to clarify I don’t like the level of oil development on a lot of Wyoming public lands, but I’m even more concerned about wind and solar.

1BCE8BC9-E8CE-4382-8A13-AA6FA07AE3E7.jpeg

1. I think we'll see it become more difficult to pollute our waters and wetlands. The Water of the US rule may swing back towards greater protections.
2. I think we'll see support for dam removal at a federal level here in the PNW on anadromous fish bearing waterways.
3. I think we'll see a push to codify some of our WSAs.

My take, as it relates to my hunting and fishing.
1. WA already has great protections at the state level but it has to help other places that still rely on the Feds as the backstop for pollution prevention.
2. While that's not going to solve any salmon issues alone, it certainly will help. I don't think it'll get any further than including a dam removal alternative in the Biop for Dam Operations on the Snake.
3. If they're in WY, I'll be against it for completely selfish reasons.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back