Caribou Gear

first year dogs

FEW

I went out calling yesterday and on my last stand right at sundown I saw something moving at me through the brush. I could see just good enough to tell it was a coyote by color and the way he was runnin. I had my shotgun shouldered and as he came through the brush at about 25 yards I shot and dropped him right throught the thick brush. I was exited as always but when I got to him I noticed he was really small only about the size of a mature fox. I couldnt help but feel bad about killing a 4-5 month old yote. I then was telling my buddy who said I was being a wuss and to shoot them no matter what the size was. I was wondering what you all thought. Would you pass the shot up if you knew it was a youngon or would you shoot anyway???? I had no way to tell the size of this guy due to the thickness of the brush but what if you could tell the size? I would like anyones opinion on this please.

Heck I would have shot it anyway, there are way to damn many yotes in this state right now... They could use a good thinning....

I am hoping some opens burrow season here pretty quick. I tired of throwing rocks at them...
Delw

I shoot them all! To me a coyote is a coyote.

I wouldn't and don't feel bad about shooting a young one.

Thanks Guys. I have thought about it more and I was being a wuss. A few more months and he wouldve been full grown anyway. Its just the first little guy I have shot so I didnt know what to think. If it happens again Ill shoot just the same. :D :D

And I thought I was the only one that wanted to shoot those damn burros. Last year a group of 12-14 moved into an area I used to hunt right by New River. They are living just south of New River road on the west side of I-17 and hang around a water hole that used to attract lots of deer until last year when those feral donkeys moved in on them. I saw only one buck in there this year and he was a small 2x3. The year before I had seen 7-8 bucks in there with some nice ones among them.

Shot 2 more dinky dogs Friday. Oh well gotta take what you can get I guess.

Killem all FEW it doesn't matter if they are 5 days,5 weeks,5 months or 5 years old they're still just a yote'.
I wish they'd bring back the bounty on em.
JD

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-30-2002 16:33: Message edited by: 2fastnaz ]</font>

That would be cool for sure. Give me even more leverage on the wife. "But honey if I kill a bunch you can go shopping tommorrow". I think that would work. :D

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back