First upland season for both (dog&human)

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing. Upland bird hunting is my passion. On my 4th bird dog and I am still learning.

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing. Upland bird hunting is my passion. On my 4th bird dog and I am still learning.
I think if we ever stopped learning 1. We’d be wrong 2. It’d get boring.

I have to slow myself down or I’d already have a pointer and be running two dogs. Luckily the wife helps with that.

If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend attending Huntsmith Seminar by Rick Smith or Ronnie Smith. They really have dog training down. The seminar I attended last summer gave me goosebumps watching the dogs respond.
Can't wait to see what year 2 brings you and your pup!

If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend attending Huntsmith Seminar by Rick Smith or Ronnie Smith. They really have dog training down. The seminar I attended last summer gave me goosebumps watching the dogs respond.
Can't wait to see what year 2 brings you and your pup!
I have their silent command system on order already, looking forward to it.

Been chasing chucks since 1971 and am still learning. Not real sure how many dogs I'm on now. All of eight
I’ve had a tough time patterning them. I’ve been to places where we saw 50+ birds and then 2 the next time. Nothing like quail

Been chasing chucks since 1971 and am still learning. Not real sure how many dogs I'm on now. All of eight
What kind of dogs have you run over the years and have you gravitated towards a certain one? After all my one year of experience I like the idea of a pointer and or a setter except the hair.

I really like those Mt.quail. They were always the most elusive for me.
That’s interesting, I’ve found them to be the easiest to figure out, very habitual. They don’t have the same numbers in a covey but they seem to be in the same areas and enjoy the same type of habitat.

What kind of dogs have you run over the years and have you gravitated towards a certain one? After all my one year of experience I like the idea of a pointer and or a setter except the hair.
Labs,english pointer,Brittanys, Drath,Springer,lab/shothairs and the pup I have now is a GWP which is a bird hunting machine. I can't do long hair as we have to many weeds here on the ranch ,also I don't care fore cutting cockleburrs out during and after a hunt not to mention all the snow balls this time of year. I really liked all my dogs to be fare but the best all-around were the lab/shorthairs (can't say enough about these) and of course my GWP pup. And to do it again ,it would be another GWP. I already have folks wanting to no if I'm going to breed her. Boy I sure babble on don't I?

Labs,english pointer,Brittanys, Drath,Springer,lab/shothairs and the pup I have now is a GWP which is a bird hunting machine. I can't do long hair as we have to many weeds here on the ranch ,also I don't care fore cutting cockleburrs out during and after a hunt not to mention all the snow balls this time of year. I really liked all my dogs to be fare but the best all-around were the lab/shorthairs (can't say enough about these) and of course my GWP pup. And to do it again ,it would be another GWP. I already have folks wanting to no if I'm going to breed her. Boy I sure babble on don't I?
What’s different about the gwp and do you think it’s a breed thing or an individual trait? Did you have lab GSP crosses and how were those, bird machines, point, range, picture?

What’s different about the gwp and do you think it’s a breed thing or an individual trait? Did you have lab GSP crosses and how were those, bird machines, point, range, picture?
I really think it is the breed, my guy hunts his dogs hard and I think that has a lot to do with keeping up with great genes. I did have lab /GSP crosses and the first one was my absolute best upland dog so far. My little GWP is catching up fast though. Just my $.002 of course

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back