First Trip of the year

Got up to Ft. Peck for the first time this year and had a good day. We took our soon to be son up for his first trip fishing in a boat and he caught a 1 pound and 2.5 pound walleye. My biggest walleye was the one at the bottom of the stringer and weighed 5.1 pounds. Missed beating the wife's biggest walleye by 0.9 #s. It was funny that I caught in the same area she caught hers.

Had a northern pike scare the hell out of me as I was lifting the bait out of the water and it came up and out of the water chasing it. My wife put her bait in the water right after and hooked up. Her stringer should have 2 more fish another 5 pound pike and a 2 pound walleye. Not sure how they got off the stringer, but this is the second time and I've all ready ordered some new stringers. Not a bad day for only fishing for 6 hours.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice to see the lake rebounding the way it has with the high water the last few years. Good on you to get the wife and son out there, even with the wet and nasty weather. Looks like your dilgence was rewarded.

Now, show us a picture of your vehicle after you drove from Hell Creek to Jordan on those wet greasy roads.

Actually, they were in good shape. The boat was a bit muddy, but it got cleaned off on the way home from the rain. Even the patch of un-graveled road was only a little slick.

Nice work! I caught a 40" pike Saturday morning from shore on Peck. And a 24" rainbow which I thought was a little surprising!

Congrats on the quality family time and the fish too. Taking your 'soon to be son' fishing sounds like you guys are doing something even better than fishing!

Great pics. I especially like the one which shows a great profile of the pike.bass and walleye.I'm just itching to get up there one year to fish with my fly rod.Catching bass and pike on a fly would be a nice change.If only Peck were a little closer to home.

Do you or anybody else know if shore fishing for pike would be good on Peck or Nelson? We r headed to Malta for the weekend to visit in-laws and the boys want to fish. Any advice on lures? Thanks.

There was a family fishing on the bank by the boat launch and he told us that each day they caught around 10 pike with the biggest around 10 pounds. He came to clean fish while I was doing ours and had 8 pike with a couple around 7-8 pounds.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back