Yeti GOBOX Collection

First Time Utah Deer Hunt

JumpinLegs

Hello all!

After a 10 year hiatus, I finally get to go hunting again! I've drawn for the any weapon general buck deer season in the North Slope area of Utah. I had been planning on purchasing a new rifle for this season, but because of budget constraints (huzzah for being a newlywed college student!) I will have to just go ahead and take my .50 caliber muzzleloader. I am 100% self-taught in hunting, and so I've been reading anything and everything that I can get my hands on, and I've been watching all the YouTube videos that I can. I'm getting closer to being kinda prepared (nothing beats getting out in the field for learning), but I'm still trying to narrow down a hunting spot within my area. I've been thinking of hunting in the Elizabeth Pass/Elizabeth Mountain area, and my wife and I will be going camping up in that area in the next couple weeks. Could anyone point me in the direction of other good spots in the North Slope area that would produce decent bucks? I'm not looking for any B&C candidates, just a solid first deer (one of the downsides of being self taught is never having taken any game). I also understand that I'm not going to get your guys' best hunting spots, but any help in taking my first deer ever would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I would look over at whitney reservoir......I know of more than a few good bucks killed in there. another good area is phil pico over by manila. also the shoreline of flaming gorge up and over the ridge to the hay fields between manila and the gorge. as well as the slopes above the camp grounds between sheep creek and up to the lodge. ALWAYS deer and bucks along that road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djulson
Back