Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

first time in x12 country

wildchild

I was wondering if anyone can help me drew x 12 for the first time anybody on in this unit did some scouting came up with the cable spikes no nice deer all tips are appreciated

You need more information. You are either typing way to fast or I'm reading way too fast one of the two. Just give more information on what you are looking for.

It's my first time on this page sorry for the the typos in the first post computer said one thing and sent another....

X12 is a LE deer tag in California that is on the east side of the Sierra's, sounds like he is asking for advice...

Wildchild, I suggest you direct this question to the forum at Jesse's Hunting. The Hunttalk guys are very helpful, but not a huge concentration of CA guys that have hunted that area.

I have archery hunted X12 several times and always found good numbers of bucks 6-15 miles into the Hoover Wilderness. I'm sure guys kill deer down lower, but I never tried low.

Good luck and I hope ur computer overcomes its poor grammer and punctuation;)

I think he is looking for information on mule deer for California Unit X12.

I've never hunted it, so sorry I am of no help. Good luck.

No clue on the unit. Didn't mean to sound like an ass if I was just trying to clarify, so that if someone does have any tips, they will know what advice to give.

Well I was born and raised in the center of the unit. I will also say that my father and uncle guide in the unit and have shot some very nice bucks. My fathers buck from last year will be posted below. I also have shot multiple bucks from the unit. Don't expect to shoot a buck like the one below, they are few and far between. A good 3x3 for someone that has never been in the unit would be great for you. You have been scouting in the walker area. Where exactly. When have you been scouting? Getting up early or only at night. I know this zone probably better than anyone on this site, so I can help you out some however I am and will always be hesitant about giving info on this zone before we have some communication and assurances. PM me on here if you want more info.

Dad's 2011 x12 mule deer
IMG_0797.jpg

two of my bucks from x12
IMG_1924.jpg

other bucks seen in the area a few years back scouting
palmatedandcrew2.jpg

palmatedand4x4.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics its good to see there r some nice deer in this x12.I have Ben on the back side of walker ridge the last 2 weekends.I will check the hoover wilderness in a week or 2 thanks for that info.I was looking at potato peeks over by bodie have you seen good numbers over there.

you can look in that area but have never had much luck in the Potato peak area. I don't know how much walking, hiking, atv, etc work you are going to be willing to do. You will have to leave the roads far behind in order to get any good amount of bucks in your view. Walker seems to be producing good bucks lately depending on where and when you hunt. Water should be helpful this year but usually isn't a concern as to where the bucks are going to be located. I am assuming by walker ridge area you mean Mill Canyon rd.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back