Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

First time hunter

Jacob.Wakefield

Hello! I live in the beautiful state of Utah and want to get into hunting big game. I have been on one spike elk hunt and didn't see anything. I have also helped a co-worker cut and wrap some deer meet. I am looking for some knowledge, tips, and tricks that might help me to bag my first ever kill this fall. Any and all advice welcome Thank you.

Welcome. Lots of good Info on here, just search the old threads and almost any question you can think of has a thread already, but we love answering questions too, so dont be afraid to ask.

Welcome to HuntTalk.

May I suggest you wear out Randy Newberg’s YouTube channel and get to intimately know your weapon of choice. Get good at hitting paper at the range and clay if you are gonna shotgun hunt.

Hello. I would tell you that "very specific" questions are the way to go on this forum. Don't be afraid to ask even if you think it's dumb. Everything from camping gear to weapons of choice. Try and stay away from GENERAL OPINION QUESTIONS. Once again, be specific and you will get specific answers. Ton of experience on this forum.

My wife and I are trying to decide what college we want to attend so I'm not 100% where we are going to be but I can say that the places we are looking to live would be up north in the Ogden area or down south around Cedar City.
I've only been down by Cedar City once or twice, so don't know a whole lot beyond some of the legendary deer and the ridiculous prospects of getting some of those tags. I would think that Ogden might have some more realistic prospects within commuting distance. That said; there's probably lots of good options if you're willing to drive a little while. Pick about two areas that you really like once you get settled and start pounding the pavement. It can be difficult with the pressure that some of those heavily populated areas bring. But, there out there to be had IF you know the area well enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back