First Test With Hammers.

The petals on Hammer bullets shear in most instances. The larger than caliber shank keeps penetrating. mtmuley
Mtmuley

I am with you about speed, my 300 WM , i load with H4831 or IMR 7828 ssc with ADG and 180 HH at 74-75 grain , I can get 3225 FPS and still not show sign of pressure.

happy loading and shooting.

Well I thought I’d finally update this. I got it done back in August but been busy hunting like most of us. Unfortunely after my last post seemed like I was close but then things went crazy. No fault of the hammers though. Main problem I had was my muzzle break loosened up a half turn without me knowing. It didn’t cause any catastrophic problems fortunately but it did cause all my groups to open up to about 2-3” as well as moved point of impact off the target for a couple shots. Since I was load testing I just assumed I got into some loads the gun didn’t like. Basically I wasted two trips to the range and about 30rounds thinking I couldn’t find a load. When I finally figured the problem I had to remake all the powder and seating combos I had ruled out. But I finally got something I‘m very happy with.

I pushed it up to 3300fps with 72gr but the bolt felt a little odd. It wasn’t hard to lift but was sticky to pull back. I’m still new to this so I decided to play it safe and back down to 71gr. After seating adjustments I’m very happy for my under 400yd factory hunting rifle. I’m taking blame for the upper right one which puts me close to .5” but right about 1” if I don’t take the blame.
For info I ended with:
Avg. Vel.=3245fps
SD=10
ES=19
71gr IMR4451
166gr Shock Hammer
.02 off the lands
564AA9A4-7710-4AB6-9B6D-2E272D1F0B53.jpeg
Thanks for the help.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics