PEAX Equipment

First slug reloads

MThuntr

My first try at slug reloads. These are the LBC slugs. I have primed Federal shells from a previous attempt at waterfowl loading so I trimmed them down to 3" put 44 grains of Longshot as per Ballistic Products load data. I bought a roll crimper tool on Ebay. So far I noticed that my hand trimmed hulls aren't square which affects the roll crimp and I am also over doing the crimp causing the crimp to squash a bit. I'm going to have to find a better way to trim them with spending more money.

Field testing begins tomorrow afternoon. Hoping for decent luck in my Mossberg 83520190910_155014.jpg20190910_155016.jpg20190911_160119.jpg

Congrats and good luck! It still feels kinda funny when I sit down to my drill press to roll crimp my turkey shells.

There's a video on YouTube about loading slugs with a roll crimp. He uses a section of PVC tubing that is a tight fit on the shotshell and cut to the length of what he wants the shell to be. Then uses a razor knife to trim the hull perfectly.

There's a video on YouTube about loading slugs with a roll crimp. He uses a section of PVC tubing that is a tight fit on the shotshell and cut to the length of what he wants the shell to be. Then uses a razor knife to trim the hull perfectly.
Thanks, I'll check it out. So far that seems like something I should be able to scrounge up in a buddy's shop.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back