Caribou Gear

First Season Moon- rant on

Hell, I had ATV's around me last year that worked in my favor. They were struggling to get up an icy hill road, and as I sat at the top of the hill all 19 elk moved accross the road less than 30yrds from me. If you use your head you can use these ass's in your favor.

Wow.....I can feel the love here. I've been around this forum for a long time and the hostility has never been this bad. Always been my idea that being a true sportsman meant treating everyone, even those you disagree with, with respect. Guess I'm old Fashioned or out of touch?

As far as the full moon phase.....Its not my preferred time to hunt but I can't complain as this past year I was into elk 4 out of 5 days in Unit 13 NM. Opening morning I missed the biggest bull I've ever seen on the other side of my gun (muzz), and had elk bugling the entire time. What I noticed was that I had to get out of my bag earlier and be on top about 45 minutes before the sun came up. Nice thing about the moon was I didn't even have to pack a flashlight. 3rd day I passed and let a 5x5 walk that I would have killed in earlier years. I rated this hunt as my most successful, even though I brought home no meat and killed a meat bull in Colorado last month.

On the anger management issues....If we are trying to attract more people to our sport, to preserve our hunting rights and heritage, perhaps it would be easier if the juvenile name calling was avoided. Young hunters read these posts and you have to wonder what you are teaching them.

Cheers
Roadtrip

I'll take my part in blame for the pot stirring as well.

Oak thanks for the info about the season structure scheduling. This place is always full of 411. Definately learned a thing or two.

Schmalts, if you can get one with a bow my hats off to you. I've thought about trying out a bow, but I'm not about to go buy a bow, sling off a few arrows and then head for the hills. I just don't have the time to go stick and string right now. Maybe Muzzle loader to be able to hear 'em sing.

as for the atv's and gate cruisers I may start carring a spare lock around for those people. :) :)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back