MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

First MR arrival

Elkoholic

Today I received my first MR backpack (Metcalf) in the mail. After reading many threads and hearing a lot of good things about MR, I decided to step up and purchase one. Yes, they are a bit pricey but from what I've read you can't go wrong with one. With me being no where close to MT to actually see, feel and try one on, I was a little apprehensive to purchase but after calling and talking to Andrew at MR he answered all my questions and steered me in the right direction. First impressions of the pack are very good, can't wait to load it up this weekend and put it through some paces! I just wanted to shout out to all the guys that have recommended MR, seems as advertised. Just thought I would share my initial impressions in case any other OYOA's are thinking of purchasing a MR.

=====> Question for experienced MRer's - Do any of you suggest washing your pack to de-scent the "new" smell and soften up the bag a bit? My thing is remove from the NICE frame, wash in scent eliminator, air dry then spray down the frame and bag in preparation for my Elk archery trip in Sept. Any thoughts?

View attachment 36098

View attachment 36099

Last edited:
=====> Question for experienced MRer's - Do any of you suggest washing your pack to de-scent the "new" smell and soften up the bag a bit? My thing is remove from the NICE frame, wash in scent eliminator, air dry then spray down the frame and bag in preparation for my Elk archery trip in Sept. Any thoughts?

You're going to smell a lot worse than that pack after an hour of hiking on the first morning of the hunt. Scent elimination is largely a waste of time and thought in the West. You're going to have to be downwind of an elk no matter what.

Elkaholic, I just order the Metcalf bag and plan on using it to go backpacking in the Beartooths with my two boys. I am looking forward to it.

It rocks guys, I love how it carries heavy loads - if you want to cover scent cheap, just grab a sage brush branch and pinch it between the compression straps - way cheaper and easier messing around with spray.

You're going to smell a lot worse than that pack after an hour of hiking on the first morning of the hunt. Scent elimination is largely a waste of time and thought in the West. You're going to have to be downwind of an elk no matter what.
It's not often you read a logical point, such as the above, on the internet.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back