Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

First Lite Customer Service Top Notch Experience

NYSKIER

Just wanted to post how great the customer service I received from first lite. I got a whole in my aerowool boxers which I love after only about 30 days of use. I must have deleted the email receipt and had bought them with a gift card from work so I had no way to prove to them when I bought the boxers. The representative looked up my order by name and address. I sent them in and received a new pair in around two weeks. Excellent service super pleased! I already was a first lite fan for the merino but that experience definitely made me a fan for life

I just ordered a bunch of their clothing during their big sale about a month ago. It's really great stuff and when I had questions about anything there was a dude that answered all of them over the IM on their website. I don't have experience with any other quality hunting clothing brand besides cheap stuff, so I can't compare. But I would also highly recommend their customer service and their products.

I have and like the First Lite stuff - merino wool and non camo stuff....good.
Have 1'st generation Kanab pants and what was called the Labrador sweater, and a Chama hoody. The stitching on both the pants and the Labrador began to unravel soon after purchase - one hunting season's use. Sent First Lite photos of the pants (inseam and crotch both coming unstitched) and explained how relatively little use they had received. The company rep said that the wear and tear fell under "normal" use and politely said they would do nothing about it........bad.
I would call that less than stellar customer service from a company which prides itself on making, supposedly tough, hunting clothing.
I still have the same items, wear 'em all the time during hunting - however my wife has sewed a lot of seams on this stuff - her sewing is guaranteed.
Like I said, I still have the stuff and will probably pick up more over time - but I fully expect my wife's tailor skills to be put to use again.
Hopefully their newer stuff is more durable.
Contrast that with Kenetrek service, FWIW. I had a pair of boots leak quite soon after purchase - they replaced them no questions asked. The 2'nd pair's waterproof abilities didn't last all that long - IMO - but I brought them into the company and they did some work on them, prolonging the life of the boot.
Two companies which handled similar situations very differently......

Definitely unfortunate. I did read some iffy reviews on the stitching of their older products. I haven't had the same experience with my newer stuff yet, but then again I don't have that many miles on it yet.

I use both First Lite and Sitka together...I love the wool route for base layers with First Lite and exterior shells/pants/jackets of sitka. Both companies have been nothing but awesome to me. Ive never had any issue and I smash the crap out of them with California A Zone thick brush. I also feel a need to support both companies for their stance on public lands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back