Caribou Gear Tarp

First field lessons with CVA Paramount Pro

damonbungard

Last week I was able to get down to GA and get in my first hunts with the CVA Paramount Pro .45. I have to admit that I was a break action, drop two pellets in and shove a sabot down the barrel kind of guy, and was a little intimated by the Paramount Pro and learning all the parts, Blackhorn 209, Powerbelt ELR's, etc. But after a day at the range, and getting used to it all I can say that it's quite the hunting tool. Accuracy is unbelievable.

So here's some of my lessons learned.
1) Put the CVA brake on it. I'm shooting 150 grains (by volume) of Blackhorn 209 with the .45 Powerbelt ELR. It's a mule kick without it, but not bad at all with it.

2) Bring good hearing protection with you in the stand. I always bring hearing pro to the range, but not always in stand. I took one shot from a box blind and ears were ringing for days. That won't happen again.

3) Bring the carbon loading funnel with you in the stand. If you have the brake on it, it's a must if you have to reload. I dropped this buck in his tracks and didn't need to reload, but I ALWAYS do. So when I couldn't, I got nervous. I'm getting extra funnels to leave everywhere - in my packs, truck, etc and there will always be one now in a buttstock pouch.

Hope everybody has a great muzzleloader season.

Damon

Attachments

• IMG_8326.jpeg
    IMG_8326.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8339.jpeg
    IMG_8339.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8345.jpeg
    IMG_8345.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19
Cool. I think that they are a pretty cool concept for those who are intimidated by smokeless MLs

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back