First elk!! AZ GMU 9

mrjashu

I was super excited to harvest my first elk this week! Even though it was only a cow hunt I learned a ton and had a great time doing it. I regularly practice shooting out past 500yds for cross canyon shots here in AZ. I shot this cow at 62 yards. Very fun!
Don't mind my super duper camo....the elk didn't :cool:

IMG_20191022_144115707.jpg

Congrats! The elk don't mind that stuff quite as much as we give them credit for ;)

Thanks guys.
I definitely wasn't trying to diminish the quality of a cow hunt. I will say though that as tough as it was, a bull would have taken me a lot longer :)

Some of my most memorable and enjoyable hunts have been "only a Cow" hunts. Congrats on your successful hunt.

Congrats! I'm starting to wonder if cows are actually tougher to hunt than the bulls (though admittedly, there are more of them). Just returned from a cow elk hunt with my son. We saw 5 bulls and no cows...:LOL:

Congrats on your first elk! You will be hooked for life now on elk hunting, especially after you savor all those steaks for the next year.

Congrats! My first and only elk so far was an elk and it tasted delicious, I need to try and go get another one soon!

Congrats on the elk! I like your rifle too, what do you shoot?
Thanks!
It's a Remington 700, factory barrel chambered in 300wsm. I added a Timney trigger and a Bell and Carlson stock. Vortex HST scope. I'm shooting Barnes 175gn LRX handloads.
It's been a good rifle but it's going to get a blueprint job and a new barrel this winter in 7 SAUM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back