Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

First Bow Kill!!!

Ultrahunter

Finally got a bow kill under my belt, don't really know why it has taken me so long to find this venue, but I intend to make up for lost time with many more archery hunts to come!!

Sitting in the blind for hours not so cool, but when they finally got thirsty it was a blast!! As they started heading my way from a half a mile out my heart rate shot through the roof. They finally got to the water and the buck gave me a forty yard shot, I settled my pin and touched the release. The shot was good and in less than 15 seconds the buck was dead! Good times, now on to elk season!!!

IdahoAntelope09004.jpg

Congrats, now try spot and stalk hunting them if you want to really ramp up the challenge.

Actually I guess I should have said, now on to Wyoming antelope then elk. Life is gonna be good this fall!!

Congrats. This year was my first archery pronghorn. Won't be my last archery hunt for them, even if it is the last one I might take.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice work! Wish i had the patience for the blind. I gotta stick to the spot and stalk. This year its been a lot of spot, stalk, shoot...........repeat, repeat. Having trouble connecting this year, hopefully the elk will be different!
Great job on the goat!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back