First Antelope Tag Ever! SE NM

Archelk

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for filling an archery antelope tag? I drew my first antelope tag for August 4 in NM. Thank the Lord!! I work in the oil and gas industry and see them quiet often. However, I have never hunted them!

RobertD

There are some real studs down that way. I haven't archery hunted them yet, but there is plenty of info around the site to learn bits and pieces from. Remi Warren did a podcast on archery pronghorn hunting IIRC.

Caleveras

I also keep track of the thunderstorms in the unit. If there is good rain, the smaller tanks will hold water and the Pronghorn will be able to use a larger area. Get out and scout for tracks to determine which tanks are being used. Good luck!

I have a late rifle tag for the same area.

TheGreek

Jace Basuerman has a pretty good short book called Bowhunting the Prince of the Plains about archery antelope hunting. You can find it on Amazon. It’s a short read. I’d recommend it.

Bigjay73

Waterhole is most productive, but damn it's a boring way to spend a few days. Pronghorn are just as stalkable as any other animal, and stalking them is more fun than anything I've ever done while hunting, it also taught me a lot about hunting

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MidwestHunt