PEAX Equipment

First and second nonresident applications

fattybinz

Every time I see someone asking a question about Wyoming's draw, I roll my eyes...but how the turn tables and now I'm confused...

I'm applying for a type 7 reduced price antelope tag. I went through to submit my application, and it gives me the option to submit a "first non Resident Reduced Price Doe/Fawn Antelope" with a first and second choice...and also a second one with another set of first and second choices. So if I submit these two applications, do both first choices enter the draw? The unit I'm looking at, the first choice is 100% draw and the second is 25% draw. so if I submit both of these applications for myself, do I get 2 guaranteed tags and then two 25% chances at a second tag? Halp.

1.png

You would get two tags, likely your first choice if they are 100 percent odds. 2nd choice would be if you didn’t draw on the first choice.

1st doe 1st choice
2nd doe 1st choice

There's really no point in putting down a second choice if it's only 25% odds of drawing as a first choice.

it's 100% first choice, 25% second choice. My question is: do the "first non Resident Reduced Antelope" and the "second non Resident Reduced Antelope" applications both enter the draw on the same footing? so if I put both my first and second applications (NOT first and second choice) in for a 100% draw unit, I will come out with two tags?

You can apply on one application for two tags, so that you'll either get two tags, or no tags. Or you can apply on separate applications so you could draw one tag, two tags, or none. You could draw your first choice on one application and your second choice on another.

You can apply on one application for two tags, so that you'll either get two tags, or no tags. Or you can apply on separate applications so you could draw one tag, two tags, or none. You could draw your first choice on one application and your second choice on another.

So I can go through the process and submit just one application, and then go in again for the second?

What are you trying to get? Two doe tags?

You only fill it out once, fill out the first set and the second set the same way. It’s basically tag A 1st and 2nd choice, and then tag B 1st and 2nd choice. You will have the same percentage chance on your first choice A and B tag. 2nd choice percentage of 25 percent would come into play if you applied for a hard to draw unit and were unsuccessful your second choice would be looked at. You would not put the same tag in as first and second choice.

What are you trying to get? Two doe tags?

You only fill it out once, fill out the first set and the second set the same way. It’s basically tag A 1st and 2nd choice, and then tag B 1st and 2nd choice. You will have the same percentage chance on your first choice A and B tag. 2nd choice percentage of 25 percent would come into play if you applied for a hard to draw unit and were unsuccessful your second choice would be looked at. You would not put the same tag in as first and second choice.

This helps a lot. Yes, I'd like to get as many tags as possible. I thought that your second choice would go into the draw even if your first choice was successful. But I guess that isn't the case? I guess I got confused when Washington Hunters said, "Or you can apply on separate applications so you could draw one tag, two tags, or none." Wasn't sure how you would submit separate applications. So good to know...if my unit is 100% draw, and I put it as my first choice on both tag A and tag B, I should draw two tags right?

This helps a lot. Yes, I'd like to get as many tags as possible. I thought that your second choice would go into the draw even if your first choice was successful. But I guess that isn't the case? I guess I got confused when Washington Hunters said, "Or you can apply on separate applications so you could draw one tag, two tags, or none." Wasn't sure how you would submit separate applications. So good to know...if my unit is 100% draw, and I put it as my first choice on both tag A and tag B, I should draw two tags right?
Yes, that is what I have done the last three years.

If you want two tags and wouldn't even want to go if you only drew one tag, then apply for two tags on the same application. That way you'll either draw two tags, or none. When you apply if you select "2" for the quantity and the same first choice and second choices, at the same time, then that's one application. You can also select only 1 for the quantity and do that application, then go back and do the same thing again, with the same choices or different choices, and that will be a second application. That's the way I did it this year and both of my applications are the same. My first choice is a type 6 and second choice is a type 7. I just wanted to give myself the best odds of drawing at least one of the tags that I really want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back