Yeti GOBOX Collection

Finished up my Son's first deer.

redwoood

This is my son's first deer from last January. He was 6 at the time. The buck had a funky antler set...he had broken his right antler off above the brow the previous year and we picked up his left side while shed hunting.

Now he wants to know when I'll have his buck from this year done...

20210112_131354.jpg

I'm confused. Did you have to replace an antler? Or both? How do you like that stand? Is it steady enough for all the pulling needed to get the cape on the form?

I'm confused. Did you have to replace an antler? Or both? How do you like that stand? Is it steady enough for all the pulling needed to get the cape on the form?
Oh no...one antler just swept outward a lot more than the other. Always striving for symmetry of course.

The stand is adequate but I do need an upgrade.

Oh no...one antler just swept outward a lot more than the other. Always striving for symmetry of course.

The stand is adequate but I do need an upgrade.
You inspired me. Here's what I threw together tonight to finish this moose cap mount. It's a new bolt to the floor McKenzie model I've had laying around since last Christmas. I used lag bolts to attach it to an old retired first responder backboard made of 3/4" plywood. As soon as the lockdown lets up here I'll pick up a half sheet at Home Depot. Need to figure out a way to quick detach it from base for easier storage. It is very sturdy.

This is also an oddball set of antlers. Note the extra antler growing underneath the left one. There's also a large knob sort-of brow tine growing BACKWARDS out of that side. Also a backwards drop tine from backside of right palm. Required some creative thinking to mount this rack on a plaque with clearance from the wall (removed from plaque in this photo to wrap the velvet). Didn't help that client buggered the skull and antlers hacking it off with a chainsaw. My daughter is very good at repairing damaged antlers. 20210121_013641.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back