Finger shooters?

fishkeeler

I was always a finger shooter (tab only) and was curious if there are any of you left besides me.

The reason I'm asking is that I might want to sell an old Hoyt Eclipse I have in the garage. I bought it in '92 and haven't used it in several years and I was thinking of getting a newer model. I would like some reccommendations from you current finger shooters as to the best models available today.

Kevin

I still shoot an old PSE Fire Flight Express. Finding a new bow with a long enough axle-to-axle length if tough.

I happen to prefer a two-finger calf-hair tab

I used to use the Fire Flight also. Right up until the day the teardrop broke and cut my wrist. Lots of blood suddenly becomes not so cool when its your own. I also had the teardrop break on another PSE bow. PSE=P(ull), S(hoot), E(xplode). They make a lot of really awesome bows but after that second wrist slashing I decided I was better off with the Hoyt. I used a Hoyt Olympian recurve for competitive shooting and really like it. Maybe I should just replace the Fastflight cables and keep using my Eclipse.

Kevin

I shot these suckers finger shootin'. It was a blast!!

Attachments

• mons rocco 005.jpg
    mons rocco 005.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 79
Shot fingers for over 15 years and then started shooting on a team and went to a release for 2 years. Did good but did not like to hunt with the release, Went back to fingers and have shot fingers since and for the last 7/8 years.
Find a bow with a longer axle to axle for less finger pinch. Hoyt or reflex can't remember which but made by the same company has a caribou that is made for finger shooters. IMHO, Anything over 38 works the best and anything under that makes the bow very critical. Lots and lots of good bows out there even for finger shooters. By the way I shoot two fingers under. Pull with two under and one on top and then drop the top finger. I have learned that it gives you a better release similar to a release.. Anyway, Good luck and enjoy...

enrut

I don't shoot fingers any more because the poundage on my bows are to heavy.

All I can recomend is that if you want to go to these faster shooting, heavy pulling bows, you will probably have to go to release, my fingers went to sleep for about 6 months when I started using the Martin FireCat that was my first hunting bow...

I was shooting 70 lbs at the time.

I know things have changed a lot since the invention of that bow, and I have so since upgraded also, but it is some thing to consider when getting one... :)

I'm kinda loyal to the bowtech label but theres many good bows out there, you might look at bowtechs constitution, its 40" ata, the longest they make, with all the shorter ata bows and parallel limbs these days finger shooters are becoming a thing of the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back