Finally

Don Fischer

Have a mof 70 Featherweight in 6.5x55 I bought with the intention of giving to my grand daughter if she got into hunting. agot it about 2006 so been waiting a long time and doewn't look like she's ever gonna do it. So took my sone on a hog hunt the 27th and used it, first time. Actually the first time in my life I ever hunted with a centerfire Winchester rifle! Wasn't a long shot, under 100yds but got it just behind the ear in the neck and right down it went! Used 149gr Speer Hot Core. Son got one two but he shot a pretty big one, about 430#. Shot it with my 25-06 and 117gr Hornaady using the same shot. Bullet cracked the skull on top! That was under 100yd Too. Got them into hus pickup and to my place and hung them in the shop to skin and gut. Did the big one laying on the floor as was worried the beam across the room might be a problem! 3 1/2x12! Used a knife to skin and that a friend of my son's made for me. Did a fine job but skinning and gutting got to the edge. First hog I ever did and boy is that hide tuff! BTW, my son said next time he's shooting a smaller one!

Making mostly sausage out of it, well trying, first time with a pig! Kept the backstrap and gave a friend one and kept the ribs. helped a butcher in Germany do a couple for my landloard in the late 60's, wish I would have taken notes! I did buy a front quarter over there and made snitchels but should have taken notes! Geese they are good! jarger snitchel's are out of this world!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back