Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Finally! Lifetime ban for poaching.

I think he can still own blackpowder weapons. Not that he can hunt with them at this point.

Doesn't the felony charge mean he can't own a firearm? Seems like some of these were taken with a bow... but still.

I've always been pretty harsh on poachers. Then I realized there is a darn good chance i will be legislated into a situation where some hunting I did legally will be illegal within my lifetime. It is a product of the times and a voting public out of touch with wildlife management. I am afraid that conviction on a wildlife offense may lose its Shame factor due to widespread citation...

Case in point...Minor in Possession (of alcohol or drug paraphernalia) in a college town. Almost a badge of honor.

i ponder if we will refer to good hunters as Poachers in the same manner as our Scottish friends do?

Anymore in America, jail/prison is almost exclusively reserved for those who are a danger to society. You can be a menace, a scourge, whatever, but unless you are selling drugs or sexually abusing kids multiple times over, caught driving under the influence 6+ times, you're going to be put on probation 10 out of 10 times. The two links below are in the 100k range of theft, and both basically got off with a slap on the wrist.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ms-contractor-construction-prison/1208259001/
https://www.kcci.com/article/woman-accused-of-looting-account-gets-3-years-probation/26754665
I always wonder what we are teaching our next generation. Case in my town where a guy stole 15,000 dollars worth of lottery tickets from a private store but more so from the state, he got 15 years. Steal "15,000" dollars worth of animals from the people and get these punishments. rules are rules. What is the difference to justify the difference in punishment?

I always wonder what we are teaching our next generation. Case in my town where a guy stole 15,000 dollars worth of lottery tickets from a private store but more so from the state, he got 15 years. Steal "15,000" dollars worth of animals from the people and get these punishments. rules are rules. What is the difference to justify the difference in punishment?
one is a resource (albeit somewhat renewable) one is Property. Watch the film Lincoln and listen to the words about the Emancipation Proclaimation and consider that dilemma...

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back