Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Finally Got My First Bull

Nice one. I am hoping for my first one this year. It would be great if it looked like the one you took, but I'd settle for a smaller one. After years of passing up cow's and spikes I'm ready to kill something. The ride back looks like it was a bit chilly.

Chambero/Robert, that had to have been one of the most honestly told hunting stories I've heard in a while. Seems like what ever we plan while hunting never turns out that way. Appears that whatever you did worked out great in the end; and that's all that matters. Nice bull, by the way. I get a chance to try for a Colorado bull in another 2 years. Hope mine's as nice as yours whenever I get my first bull. DD

It took me more than a few tries, but I finally killed my first bull elk.

CO07061.jpg

I had forgot to turn my scope power down after the miss earlier. On the first shot I think I just pretty much pointed the gun at him and shot. On the second I guess my finger touched the trigger right as I jacked another shell in because I fired into the ground in front of me. Somehow I got a third shot chambered right before he made it to cover and found him in the scope, maybe a 100 yds away. I fired right as he went over a rise. I didn't hear anything or see anything, but I really figured I had missed again.

Congratulations on a great bull! I gotta tell ya that I was crackin up like hell when I read this part. :D Great story!

chambero

Nice bull.

we used to hunt around the meeker area years ago, like you said opening morning is like a shooting range. We hiked out butts off up to the top of one valley and over, darn near took a full day. went to bed and was awaking at 3am with ATVs, horses and tons of people walking. when we got to the trail head that morning there wasn't a sole around, even when we crested the ridge we did see a truck at the trail head. Kinda a disapointment

They got some big muleys up there also I had a shot at 2 of them first light, but thinking it was going to be an easy hunt and i wanted an elk first I passed. a day later we said screw it and went to grand mesa.

Again nice elk congrats

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back