Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Finally finished the new chuck box.

OleRedbeard

I stole the idea the best I can recall from my grandfathers old chuck box. He worked for the Forest Service for almost 40 years doing everything from fighting fire to building trail and everything in between and his chuck box always stayed in the back of his truck or in his work vehicle. Having grown up watching him cook out of it at deer camp and fishing trips and just over night hunting trips or camping trips or how he would take it with him when other places needed extra firefighters I always wondered where that box had been all across the US from Oregon to the Appalachians. I was always memorized for some reason by its beat up looks and how he seemed to be able to pull everything under the sun out of it. He always seemed to have just the right tool for about everything a man needed to cook up something good to eat hidden somewhere in a little compartment in a box about the size of a 20 inch TV it disappeared shortly after his death however and is hopefully still being used today.
He had painted it forest service green I guess from some leftover gate paint or something way back in the day and this was about as close as I can remember to how it looked and worked. It needs about 40 or 50 years of patina to get the right look and the right flavor on the food but hopefully it will do the job decently enough till then.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZLBGDwY6VzUad6fk6

Last edited:
Hilarious video. I used to carry a smaller version. It didn’t have the fold out top, but carried a Coleman white gas stove and some field cooking utensils.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back