Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Finally a chance to build my own.

HandgunHunter

Finally had time to put together my personal high country rig. For me wheelguns come first but this rides in my pack for when I can’t close the distance. 6.5-284 15.9” #2 contour. Mcmillan stock, hs style bolt release, fluted bolt, Holland brake. Leupold 1-5 vx5 illuminated cds. Egw HD base. Warren high country rings.

Now for range time and drop confirmation. EB4B160B-4596-47B7-B878-99000DAF41BD.jpeg

Non existent. I can shoot it with a full field of view with the rifle scope....meaning I’m within 3” of the eye piece.
Awesome piece.
I'm curious how the recoil is non-existent? I see the muzzle brake, but its a 6.5-284 out a pistol? I would think recoil would be horrendous. Even more so with the light weight.
Whats the magic, i need to know! :)

Awesome piece.
I'm curious how the recoil is non-existent? I see the muzzle brake, but its a 6.5-284 out a pistol? I would think recoil would be horrendous. Even more so with the light weight.

This was my thought too. I must be missing something

Awesome piece.

Holland brake with angled ports. Then I taper bore the brake.

I can shoot it with full field of view....so I am within 3” of the scope. And I shoot with free recoil meaning I let the gun move.

little side info. A 6.5 creedmoor in the same weight gun with everything else the same would have kicked more due to less gas hitting the brake.

Nice group.

That's a wild setup, I would think heavy recoil as well. What kind of velocities?

Would be cool to see how far you can end up being effective with it.

Nice group.

That's a wild setup, I would think heavy recoil as well. What kind of velocities?

Would be cool to see how far you can end up being effective with it.

just for general info. There are quite a few people hunting with xp100 in various calibers. Many have taken animals at a grand.

We also have a steel shoot in Wyoming for these were targets go to about 1000 day 1 and 2 and day 3 as far as 2000.

I have no desire to shoot at game that far and my max window for hunting is 500. Past that there are too many variables for me to feel like I can cleanly take an animal every single time.

With wheelguns my absolute max is 200 yards and that’s only a few particular wheelguns. Most I max between 120-150 yards

last year with a much weaker cartridge...and vastly less accurate gun...7-30 waters 120 nosler contender....4x pistol scope. I took my mule deer at 325 with one well placed heart shot.

I haven’t chronoed it yet. I generally work my load up for accuracy then go back and fine tune for consistent velocity.

It would be a safe bet to expect 6.5 creedmoor rifle velocity from the 6.5-284 in a short barrel.

No one else will have the same weapon as you, out in the field. That's cool! I'm not trying to be snarky, but why didn't you build it to shoot the creedmoor, or something similar, with such a short barrel?

Very cool! I have a feeling I've seen posts on another forum by a guy you've shot with. He's very into the long range pistol thing. Name is Ernie and he too just recently got a 6.5X254 pistola.

Back