Feedback on interest in Weatherby Mark V actions.

Would be nice to build an Ultra Lightweight. Since discontinuing even their custom shop won't build you one.
The Backcountry is one incredibly nice and light rifle, though.
I own a few ULWs, and Dad now has two Backcountry Ti's. Thankfully I get to set them up and shoot them. :)

Do you own a ULW? I'd be interested in knowing what you see is the difference between the LT and the ULW. Barrel contour? That doesn't seem to be enough to account for the weight difference you quote.

The Backcountry is one incredibly nice and light rifle, though.
I own a few ULWs, and Dad now has two Backcountry Ti's. Thankfully I get to set them up and shoot them. :)

Do you own a ULW? I'd be interested in knowing what you see is the difference between the LT and the ULW. Barrel contour? That doesn't seem to be enough to account for the weight difference you quote.
I was originally looking at the Mark V Hunter.
But the more i handled them, the more i disliked the stock.

I did look at the Backcountry TI. But the price tag was enough to make me consider other options.

The Ultra Lightweights i handled seemed really nice. I liked the stock. Far and above the Hunter stock!
Really was light weight!
The Weathermark LT is a little heavier feeling, side by side with the ULW.
But it does carry nicely.

I've found 3 or 4 of the ULW. All stamped California. All 6.5-300.
Not saying anything wrong with the 6.5-300, just my my cup o tea.

I was originally looking at the Mark V Hunter.
But the more i handled them, the more i disliked the stock.

I did look at the Backcountry TI. But the price tag was enough to make me consider other options.

The Ultra Lightweights i handled seemed really nice. I liked the stock. Far and above the Hunter stock!
Really was light weight!
The Weathermark LT is a little heavier feeling, side by side with the ULW.
But it does carry nicely.

I've found 3 or 4 of the ULW. All stamped California. All 6.5-300.
Not saying anything wrong with the 6.5-300, just my my cup o tea.
I think that the Hunter stock is a knock-off of the Backcountry stock. In real life use, I like it much more than I thought I would. However, I've used the traditional Weatherby stock so much that it feels natural to me whether on a Vanguard or a Mark V.
The ULWs have a Bell & Carlson with the traditional Weatherby shape. The barrel might be a #1 profile vs the "modified #2" used on the LT.

Gunbroker has a couple of ULWs right now. You have to search for variations on the name.
Also look for them mislabeled as Accumarks. Because one variation had stainless fluted barrels with black flutes that look like an Accumark, sellers often get it wrong. At least one is listed this way right now.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back