Federal bullet in 270 wsm

I have an old box on federal 270 wsm that are 140 grain Nosler accubond. I can’t at all find that same load from federal anymore. Did they stop making it? There is still the federal 130 grain accubond but no more 140.
Also does anybody have experiamce with federal trophy bonded tip bullets?

Its the greatest round ever made for the 270WSM. Federal quit loading it. I have 2 boxes left and continue to search for someone selling them. Nosler loads a 140 AB but not as hot as the Federal.

The best thing I can figure is for you to sell me yours so at least one of us is happy.

I reload and shoot 140 accubonds out of my 270WSM and its funny as I suffer from a discontinue issue also. My go to powder for the 270WSM has always been AA3100 and it is also discontinued.

Winchester still loading it at 3200fps, might be worth checking out.

Federal stopped making the 140 AB. I'm currently shooting the 130 AB, they shoot great, but haven't taken any game with it yet.

I've been working on some handloads for a .270 win off and on since the summer. The most accurate load I've found yet is with 140grn Federal Trophy Bonded Tip. I have not shot anything with that load yet, but I've killed animals with the TBT in other calibers. I can tell you that's a beck of a good bullet. My .308 in particular loves it.

Sorry, no experience with the .270 WSM. Only the good ol' 6.8 O'Connor.

Plus it opens up ammo selection tremendously compared to the one or two boxes of WSM ammo most stores seem to carry.

While i'm not shooting short magnums, i could easily load for them with premium bullets for under half the cost per box of factory ammo.

Heck i even load 9mm & 223Rem to optimize my accuracy out of them.

You can go out to dinner every night also but sometimes you just wanna cook for yourself

I'm betting most handloaders will disagree. mtmuley
i meant for me personally, not in general. i had 82.25 hours in last week, and i have 3 sons. I would rather take them sledding, play catch etc than spend my time reloading. maybe when they get older and we can do it together.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurek
Back