February Florida Hunting/Camping Trip

cpoplayer

The time is drawing close guys. I though I would start a new thread since the original has gotten stale. The dates are February 2-4. The location is Piney Creek Campground in the Apalachicola National Forest. It is located along the Ochlockonee River on Forest Rd 335/Piney Creek Rd. Post up if you will be attending, what kind of camping gear you'll have, and when you plan on arriving. The campsites are primitive and do not require a reservation. Archery/muzzle loader season will be open for deer as well as general small game season. You will need a Florida hunting license, management area stamp, deer permit (if deer hunting), and an archery or muzzle loader stamp (if using either of those). In addition, the river is about 100 yards away and is full of bream and bass. There is a boat ramp there also. The weather could be anything from 70 degrees and sunny to freezing and raining so come prepared for either.

I'll be there and dragging my trailer.
I'll try to leave work around 11-12 on the 2nd (should get my in around 2:30/3pm) and will be there until the 4th.

A short two more years and I’ll be able to join in, have a great time this year and let us know how it turns out.

Bring your shotguns, If we want to mix it up, I know a good spot for still hunting hogs in Talquin WMA, 15 min from camp.

My chances of going just went from 99% to 1%....
Good chance work is sending me out Monday for 2 weeks

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back