Yeti GOBOX Collection

Favorite TV Western [series]

cjcj

My top three were #1 Big Valley [Linda Evans] as "Audra Barkley" was sultry,sweet and flat out beautiful! her brother "Nick' kicked ass first and then asked questions later. #2 Bonanza great scenery [tahoe] but if you were a female about to marry a cartwright you were sure to end up dead! #3 Gunsmoke lots of shooting/drinking.#4 Rifleman Pwa,Pwa

What about the Lone Ranger? We're showing our age, eh. Lone Ranger, Rifleman, and Ponderosa. Big Valley was good, but you're right, kind of a mean attitude, so I put in Lone Ranger instead. What was the one with Matt Dillon, that was good?

Bonanza,Rawhide and High Chapperal
smile.gif

#1 The Rifleman
#2 The Virginian
#3 The Big Valley
#4 Bonanza
#5 Have Gun Will Travel
I am still watching "The Rifleman" on the Hallmark channel. I still love it as much as I did the reuns when I was a youth.

We watched many others but that is the one that sticks out in my mind.

Brisco County, Jr.

"Is that where you're from?"

"No, ma'am, that's... who I am."

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-12-2003 15:07: Message edited by: Ward M. Clark ]</font>

Wow you guys are good [memory] "have gun will travel" and "wanted dead or alive" i forgot about them its been so long. wasn`t one with Steve Mcqween he had a sawed off 30-30 with a short stock and he carried it in a holster? then have gun will travel with Richard Boone/ Gotta love those bad ass Cowboy`s.

Ward, Brisco County Jr was a fantastic show. I loved it because it had a bit of everything in it. Comedy,action,a little sci-fi and great dialogue. It came on the same year that X-Files debuted. I watched Brisco and loved and watched x-files and thought it sucked. See what happens when I like a show?

I started watching it because Bruce Campbell (Army of Darkness, Evil Dead, Xena) was in it, but I really liked the show. Then I saw a ratings blurb on TV, and Brisco County had come in dead last. I don't think it even lasted a full season, did it?

I can't believe nobody watched it. People suck.

I always liked:
Wyatt Earp
The Cisco Kid
Zorro
Gunsmoke
Wagon Train
Bonanza
The Rifleman -Chuck Conners
Yancy Derringer
Have Gun Will Travel
Rawhide
Roy Rogers
Sgt. Preston and the RCMP-modern western
Hopalong Cassidy
Gene Autry
Sky King-modern western
Bat Masterson
Wanted Dead or Alive
El Fago Baca

Ya'll have about covered all of them except Maverick and Trackdown... There was another one a long time ago called Black Saddle... About a gun toating lawyer.... and The Adventures of Wells Fargo..

All time favorite is a toss up between Have Gun, Will Travel and Gunsmoke...

cool.gif

Shit you guys are old i don't remember any of those shows, I remember som eold western Movies, like Biog Jake, EL Durado, The Cowboys, you know all those old John Wayne Westerns kicked ass

Yep f-troop was a western[comedy] larry storch and forrest tucker.....how about the gun`s of will sonnet [no brag just fact] did Walter brennan ever find his son?

Well I would have too go with Gun Smoke, Sugarfoot, The Rifleman, Death Valley Days, Shotgun Slade, Bat Masterson, and Stories of the Century.....not necessarilly in that order......AND you gotta luv that Trinity!

Oh by the way you dont gotta be old to know what a good western is all about!

I am what you might call a youngster!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back