Favorite Phone Case

Dougfirtree

I'd love to hear what phone cases you all use and if you're happy with them for outdoor use. Rate them on:

Shock proofedness, water proofedness, photo clarityedness, durability and economy.

I've been using Lifeproof cases for several years and they work. It just feels like there should be something better... Thanks!

I also run an otterbox defender, held up very well in my experience. Not waterproof like the lifeproof case, which I also tried. They are good cases but I always felt like you were talking with an echo.

Lifeproof, I do tree work for a living and have dropped my phone 60 ft with no problems. Also swear by the lifeproof because it keeps the dust out. Without that every crack and crevice in my phone would be permanently packed with wood chips, dirt, and sawdust.

SUP case from Unicorn Beetle.

I know the name is weird, but after switching to this case 5 or so years ago it is all I use.
I have converted all of mine and my wife's family to them.
They are not waterproof, but most phones these days are pretty water resistant so I don't worry about it.
I've watched many phones drop while wearing the sup case (some of that might have been mine 😆), and none have come out worse-for-wear.
I have broke a case after dropping, but at $15-$20 it is no big deal to replace.
The new versions even have stands that unfold to rest your phone on to watch videos.

They come with plastic over the screen that i knock out as i dont care for it on any case.

Edit:
I use to be an otter box fan but got tired of how bulky they are and how they always grab the inside of my pants pockets

I have an Amazon Lifeproof knockoff called a Merit Case. It has been as good or better than the lifeproof cases I had in the past and it was like 15 bucks.

Instread of a case I use a thick neoprene sleeve attached to my belt, and with a zipper.

So far, the phone's been just fine.
And no bulge in my pant pocket, especially from a big phone with an even bigger armor-plated case.... 🤣

Of course, you could put the phone in your jacket pocket.
But I hunt in the desert, so I rarely need a jacket....

Matthias

I've been rocking an INCIPIO case for a couple years and have been happy with it. I also have a glass, stick on screen protector. It's not bulky and has been pretty durable. It's not in the same realm as Otterbox but I make a conscience effort to avoid dropping my $700+ piece of electronics. If I'm going to be around water, it goes into a dry bag.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back