Favorite 243 bullet for deer....elk....

anybody out there with antelope recomondations?im a little concerned about longer ranges with the.243 but last year i used my 7mm rem mag and really tore up my antelope bad at 320 yards,lost more meat than i thought when i hit its shoulder.

Yes, 100 grain partitions will work on antelope just fine...as will the 95 grain nosler HUNTING ballistic tip bullet.

As to the shoulder hit on an antelope...good luck finding any bullet that wont tear up an antelope shoulder.

I really cant imagine my daughter shooting over 200 yards here for a few years. She just doesn't shoot enough for me to be comfortable letting her take a longer shot.

Wow.... the "high road" just killed an elk with a glock .... Oyoa guys wonder about a 243, others are shooting elk with pistols. There is a line in between the two I think. Anyone else?

Depends on range. I've been close enough during "bow" season to easily kill an elk with a Glock 9, 10..whatever. I've also seen a few deer and one elk fall to a well place 22LR... (not me..and a long time ago...)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back