Yeti GOBOX Collection

Father/Son 1st Lopes

Congrats .... don't worry I have been around antelope my whole life and still can't lay off the trigger when a smaller buck presents a real nice shot. How did you like the meat for your first time? Did you process yourself or take it to a butcher?

Thanks much. Yeah, we were happy taking any buck with this being our first time hunting pronghorn. We processed the meat ourselves and have found it to be excellent. Great flavor and very tender.

We got them quartered quickly in the field for the pack out and onto frozen gallon water jugs in cooler, with lid cracked to cool back at truck. Then boned out and into gallon Ziplocs for the drive home. Bought dry ice as well. This seemed to work well.

Most everyone seems to say it's great tasting but honestly wasn't sure how it was going taste based on the smell of the critters as we were quartering them in the field, lol. As you know, they have their own distinct odor. Not bad per se, just pungent, hehe. Smell of success!

I like it better than deer or elk personally and can't wait to do it again! My son is still talking about it, that's the best part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back