Yeti GOBOX Collection

Fair enough.

Tanglefoot

Chambo,
I am not happy that the thread was locked but I can respect your decision.I think I made my point that even if someone is wrong they still should be able to do or say what THEY feel is right. I personally feel that the folks on this forum should be able to pick and choose what they read, whether or not it is TRUTH or LIES. As moderators your discretion is your own, and people will either agree or disagree and that is what FREEDOM is all about.This site cannot be POLICED or it will not grow.I have no hard feelings towards bcat and do not or will I ever hold a grudge, I just wanted to voice my feelings and feel that I did so.I hope that BCA will still come and post on this site as I liked his opinions and posts just as much as I liked bcat's.I feel that both of these guys are an asset to the hunting world as much as any of us. I apologize if I offended you bcat in any way but hope that you will respect my position and posts as much as I respect yours. TF

I locked the thread ,because I do have some respect for Eric as a person and I believe everyone has spoken their opinion .
I also told Eric that I would try to keep the bashing of him from getting out of hand.
I don't think I have overreacted in any way.
I also believe people need to vent and express their opinions, but when there is more venting than anything else,that is when I have to look at what is best for the forum and ALL the members.
Thanks
Randy

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

IF IT WAS EASY EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT !!!

http://www.hunttalk.com

Chambo-I think ya did the right thing in what you did for all practical purposes. Still wondering if ya shouldnt lock them all up. Enuff has been said on it, but then again I guess a guy cant be a dictator either. You did the right thing in my opinion, and maybe it will die down soon! Tanglefoot, I dont have a problem with you YET and hope I never do. You got a little carried away, but we all do now and then. Nobodies gripes were deleted or edited, so I think calling people dictators may not have been fair. If ya have a problem with anything I have done to you personally, dont be afraid to email me. I have tried to be above board with everyone here, and I expect people to be above board with me even if they dont agree with what I have to say or the principles that I believe in. No two people are the same, and some people are gonna rub each other the wrong way, but as long as we are honest about things I dont think there will be a problem. Your input on the matter was well taken, and your potty mouth was forgiven! As far as i am concerned anyway! bcat
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

I talked to Oscar some time ago about locking threads.

Personally I am all for it once a topic gets completely out of hand. We all enjoy a good debate but once things turn personal with pot-shots constantly being taken; well..... things deteriotate rather quickly and all it does it hurt the forum.

Locking a thread is better than outright 'nuking' it because people tale exception to having posts outright deleted. Locking allows people to see what a particular thread was all about; yet it sends the message that 'Enough is enough.... now lets move on'.

And Tanglefoot, we DO need to actively police these threads. People are vacating Huntinfo left and right because the slams and insults by the unregistered bunch have gotten completely out of hand. Know why? Because the moderators aren't doing their job, thats why. I see registered people asking legitmate questions or merely stating their civil opinion and yet some heckler ruins the thread and drags the entire site down.Don't believe me? Go over and check out the 'optics' thread for starters.

I assure you that is NOT going to be tolerated here for so much as even a New York minute.

------------------
indian.gif

VEGETARIAN: Indian word meaning 'Bad Hunter'

[This message has been edited by yooper (edited 01-18-2001).]

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back