Facebook Ads

Don't know about FB as I am not on it but I am positive Alexa and my Iphone are listening to what I say. I had this exact conversation with my wife about two months ago because my news feed started to fill up with Vegan and Plant based diet articles after my wife told me she was going to start going with a vegan diet. I get them all the time now and I have never searched or opened an article about veganism. Not sure which is more concerning, the spying or that my wife is a vegan?

We have Android phones... I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. A few weeks ago my daughter was visiting and she had the same experience related to a conversation we had.

Facebook does listen to you through your phone. Think snapchat does too, which is Google owned, and no telling what else. But you can turn them off if you have an iphone (or at least the listening adds or talk about someone and their name won't be immediately pulled when you go to fb search for someone). It's under the microphone setting and there should be an on/off button for facebook, snapchat, and other aps that may use it.

Problem with snapchat is that turning off the microphone eliminates recording sounds so it limits the app use. Like I said just because you turn off them button idk if it really stops listening to you or if it's pretending to not listen by just not showing adds of things you talk about. The techy guy that showed me the on/off function said it's possible to turn off with iphone but not with android due to android having less privacy features.
Funny thing is, I don't even have the app or check facebook on my phone. I don't even get email on my phone. 🤔

I go to the grocery store and while I'm here Google will send me a
message asking me to take pics of the Interior and share them.
Also asks me to take pics of a Smokeshop near by.Never been to
a Smokeshop. Scary Shite!😎

Funny thing is, I don't even have the app or check facebook on my phone. I don't even get email on my phone. 🤔

Remember when I said snapchat was Google owned....guess who developed Android. Yep, they're listening.

Before I posted the Android development part I wanted to make sure I was correct and Googled "does Google own Android"....the sad irony

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back