Extend Your Hunting Season...with Bacon

In Texas what are the laws pertaining to keeping the meat? Can you bone it out in the field or are you required to gut it and take it to a processer? Or is it legal to leave it in the field?

Texas doesn’t care. When we kill em I guarantee we dont land to pick em up.
coyote was a bonus round.

Attachments

• 4ECA438F-2B0A-43AB-BB9B-26D52084E4BB.jpeg
    4ECA438F-2B0A-43AB-BB9B-26D52084E4BB.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 19
In Texas what are the laws pertaining to keeping the meat? Can you bone it out in the field or are you required to gut it and take it to a processer? Or is it legal to leave it in the field?
Of course double check the regulations, but as far as I know you are not required to keep any of the meat on a feral hog. If you do (and you should) keep the meat you do not have to keep proof of sex, you can quarter, bone out, or carry out whole. You do not have to take it to a processor either, you are perfectly allowed to process it on your own. Hope that helps.

I have to agree. Hog hunting is pretty dam fun! Have not done it since I lived in Hawaii years ago while stationed with the 25th but man was it fun. Would love to get down to Texas and do this again. Would make for a fun winter trip in order to escape the rain and cold of Washington. Arizona would also be an option.

This sounds like a great birthday weekend for me, lol! Wife has told me dont come home from hunting without meat :) I will pm you when I have the time and funds OP!

We shoot hogs when we see them on our lease in AL. Our population is growing. We are thinking about promoting more hog hunting after the deer season closes in early Feb. Sort of an unofficial hog season from Feb 15- the start of Turkey season.

I'd be down for a trip to AL. Help thin the hogs out a little and get some good bacon!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back