MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Exo Mountain 3500 - foliage - $420

Spitz

I really liked this pack last year. Lightweight and comfortable, with sufficient pockets to make gear access on day hunts a non-issue. They've made a few changes to it for this year but bumped up the price from $450 to $500. It's in great shape, no stains or tears that I see.

I'm trying to figure out if belt size is small or medium. I'm a 32" waist so I'm in between. It fit me great with a little to spare.

$420 shipped. I just need to find a box that'll work for it.

Here's a link:

http://exomountaingear.com

I like the changes they made to the new pack. Going to be getting one of those.

What changes did they make? I have the first generation and can't think of anything that would make it better. It's a sweet pack.

They added some aluminum cross stays for rigidity on the frame; made the lid removable in the 3500 size, changed the straps they use and a few other minor changes. Biggest one was toughening up the frame a tad.

Do they have a load shelf? What about functioning load lifters if you do have some meat in the shelf or is it similar to the crew cab without much load lifter help?

They do have a load shelf and the frame is significantly taller than the NICE frame, allowing for functional load lifters.

Packs and tents

This will be my first year O.Y.O. backpacking elk hunt and don't under stand why I should spend 4-5 hundred dollars for a pack or one man tent, which some hunters suggest.

This will be my first year O.Y.O. backpacking elk hunt and don't under stand why I should spend 4-5 hundred dollars for a pack or one man tent, which some hunters suggest.

For a NR that might be coming west once, or once every 3-4 years, it's probably not worth it. For guys (or gals) that live out here and do multiple hunts a year, having the most comfortable and reliable gear is more important. If you don't think you need it, you probably don't.

I have the new 2015 3500 ExoMountain pack. It is a very sturdy pack and am happy with the adjustments and feel so far. While I haven't carried it fully loaded it has seen 2 weeks of daily backpacking and it will see 3-5 more weeks of solid use before archery season. It actually survived an upset mule stepping on it without any damage. I really wish for the price it included a couple internal mesh pockets and a water bladder pocket instead of being add-ons. The large belt fits my fat gut but the chest strap could be a couple inches longer to accommodate some more adjustment

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back