Excessive stupidity

Bigjay73

One of the gyms I go to also provides firearms training. One of the instructors revealed the other night that they make students point and dry fire their weapons at other students because " you won't be able to point a weapon at a threat if you don't realistically do it while training" . This is a well known training company in town, I have no words. Didn't say anything to her, it wasn't a proper time for an argument, but I'm sure the look on my face said all I needed to. Needless to say I won't be attending any of their firearms training.

Sounds like the firearms “instructor” needs some instruction. My 6yo daughter knows never to point a gun at something you don’t intend to shoot.

The rationale that they won’t be able to point a gun at someone in a time of need is pretty far out there.

I understand the sentiment especially if this is a beginners class however, I’ve pointed guns at people and had them pointed at me in training during force on force stuff. Even shot and been shot moth simunitions.

If you follow stringent safety protocols it’s perfectly safe and done quite frequently in the mil and top training academies.

holy sh!t, there's no way I would've been able to keep my mouth shut on that one, somebody needs to speak up before something bad happens. and to think of the people that go through their training and hear that, and may potentially practice it on other people....

One thing to use certified and redundant checks of easily identified simuntion guns though not actual firearms... Christ sake, Red guns, anything but actual firearms capable of firing live rounds, and human error potential no matter how slight the chance...

I had a 44 mag directly pointed at me when I was younger, yep, the dirty harry special, was unloaded so I was told, but yeah, stupid. I'm amazed you just walked away.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back